Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Ambulnace Checks

This morning I arrived at work to do ambulance checks...

I work for Midwest Medical Transport Company, a private ambulance service that mainly does interfacility transfers. As I blog, I can tell you some things about my job, but not everything as a lot of stuff is protected by privacy laws and such beauracracy. Even though we generally do not respond to 911 calls, I have still had the oportunity to see some pretty gruesome things. I love the job, though. I love helping patients. Because of the amount of time I spend in the back with people, I get to know a lot about them.

So anyhow, I get to the station this morning to do ambulance checks...

We have to do ambulance checks each and everyday. This involves checking the ambulance over mechanically, tire wear and pressure, fluid levels, paint chips, body damage, basically anything out of the ordinary. Then we check all the emergency lights, interior lights, power inverter and suction units. We also make sure that all of our oxygen tanks have adequate pressure in them. We do this to make sure the ambulances are ready to go at any time.

To get back to my story, I arrive at the station to do ambulance checks and I mention to one of my coworkers that I have just started my own blog. He asks me what I am gonna put on it. I tell him that I'll try and put funny stuff on it and stories from my life on it. He said he might check it out. Maybe someone will read this after all.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it!! Let's here the good juicy stuff now!! I want blood and guts!!!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home