Sunday, July 15, 2007

Summer rocketing by

Summer is going by so fast. I've been busy working and volunteering out at the camp, practicing and playing with the bands, and practicing and playing on my own for weddings.

The Hatchbacks- We have played a few times this summer. We just played a few nights ago at A-Z Books in North Platte. We've been asked to play for the convention of the local catholic archdiocese in September, for the Railfest (first annual celebration of North Platte and its relationship to the Union Pacific Rail Road, gonna be a huge deal), and for a fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network at the Crescent Moon Coffehouse in Lincoln.

Surf Alternative- We are playing at "The Rail" at the "Depot Restaurant" in Downtown North Platte on Saturuday, the 21st of July. We are also planning on playing on the 28th in Ogallala.

MMTC- I've been working four days a week. I'll be spending a few of those days at our station in Lexington ( just 55 miles down the road from NP). I am still loving my job.

In Other News...
I am now the owner of a Minivan. Its a 2001 Mazda MPV. What happened to the Camry? It has been having problems overheating and we narrowed it down to the Head Gasket. I am in the process of trying a few different treatments to see if it can be sealed to squeeze a few more miles out of it. In the mean time, I needed a vehicle that could go more than ten miles without cooking. So I looked around and found the Mazda being sold on consignment at a lot. I got it for $3500, which is far below book, kbb or nada. So far, its been great. Runs great, looks great, and can go more than 10 miles without overheating. Maybe I'll get some pictures up here sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad in Waterloo said...

Yo Rerun... when my gonna see some pics of that pimped out MPV?

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home