Friday, January 06, 2006

The Band "Surf Alternative"

A number of people have asked me about this new band I play with. The following are some pictures to explain. We are a true garage band. We practice in the guitarist garage when we get the chance. Our work schedules aren't in proper alignment very often, but we rehearse whenever we can.
W play harder stuff than I play at church on sunday morning. We mostly do covers of songs by other bands, but we also do some original songs written by the singer and guitarist, both of whom have impressed with their abilities and their creativity in writing. Thats me on the right, playing my five-string Fender Squire bass. When I am playing through my 200 Watt Yorkville Bassman amp, I am able to add some deep thumpage to the bottom end.
Sorry that the pictures are a little dark. We don't have the best lighting and these pictures weren't taken with my camera.
Surf Alternative has already won one "BOTB," and we have another opportunity to do so on the 14th of January. Not doing anything that night? Check us out at Scorez, at the Royal Colonial Inn in North Platte. $3 per person to get in.
We'll be playing two other things in January. One of those will be open to the public and will be a benefit for a local firefighter/paramedic who is in a battle with cancer. I'll get the specifics up here as soon as I know them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whence your upright bass Bobert? Whence your UPRIGHT bass?? Indeed I am dismayed. ;0)

No use fighting progress I s'pose...

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home