Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Gall of Gall's Gal

Sometimes the way you are treated by a single person can really effect the way you feel about a company. Yesterday I was lied to over the phone by a woman at Galls. Galls is a company that caters to EMS, firefighters, law enforcement, and military personnel. I had placed a fairly sizable order online for some stuff, and the invoice they sent me was wrong. I called their customer service people and I was lied to by someone. It had to do with a price that was quoted online. She told me she was looking at the price on the website as we were speaking and it was $74.99. When I went online a few minutes later, the price was $29.99, the price I had purchased the item at. I had been billed for the $74.99, though. I called them back, spoke to another woman, and got the situation rectified. I can only assume that the first woman I spoke with was lying to me. She could not have been looking at the online price as we were speaking or she would have seen what I had seen and seen the listed price. When I realized I was being lied to I was rather upset. Galls has a good reputation around where I work and I was disappointed that my first dealing with them was such a hassle.

How do you guys feel when you are lied to?

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

It's cruddy.

But just a short comment that you may not want to post such specifics because you might get hunted down to remove it by the company, or by Monisa. Internet law is a tricky thing, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

I'd suggest a letter to the company expressing your dissatisfaction.

(maybe my comment is not so short after all! :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Robert Martinson II said...

You're absolutely right, Michelle, although I am sure that there is no one from Galls reading this, although you can never be sure. I am please with the service I finally got, but was frustrated that it took talking to two different people to get things straight. The second person I spoke to was friendly and courteous and was able to help.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Robert Martinson II said...

Good customer service sure makes a difference. When I was in sales at Radio Shack, I remember it being drilled into us how important CS was to keeping customers loyal. It played out when I saw customers return to our store to purchase products that they could have gotten elsewhere for much cheaper, but came back to us because they had been treated fairly and with respect. CS pays.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home