Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A test attested about abit

Last night I took a very difficult test with four of my classmates in our EMT-Intermediate class. It covered OB-GYN, Pediatric, and Geriatric Emergencies. We went into it knowing that it would be difficult. Some of us had studied, some of us hadn't. I had. Some of us did the worksheets, so of us didn't. I did.
I am making an effort to pass the class and do well in it. I plan on taking another year of training and becoming a Paramedic. I know that it means knowing the stuff. I'll be honest, I don't have a lot of time to study and do classwork, but I know that it is important so I make time to do it.
Others in the class have me frustrated, though. They don't take it as seriously. They are more concerned about their social lives, or lacks thereof, and they talk through class all about it. They don't retain the information from lectures. They don't do the worksheets on time.
All this to say that I think I am the only one who passed the test last night. I still missed more of the question than I would have liked. But after all the others had left, I sat down with the instructor and went over what I had missed. We even found some mistakes on the answer key. So I did better than thought originally. It pays to take time and take things a little seriously.
I don't know what will happen to the other students in the class. Failing the big tests is a bad thing. I have done fairly well on all of them so far, but I cannot say that for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home