Saturday, September 24, 2005

dog-tired

I am pretty tired after the wedding this afternoon. I got up to the Mount Vernon Country Club where the wedding took place early this morning to practice and set up. The wedding went very smoothly and the music went really well, considering how little the groom's sister and I had been able to work together on it.

Prelude Music- (cello)
Beautiful Saviour
Be Still My Soul

Ceremony Music
Bridesmaid Processional- Intermezzo Cavaleria Rusticana- Mascagni (cello)
Bride Processional- Pathetique- Beethoven (cello)

Vocal music- Groom's sister singing, I accompanying on piano
Wonderful, Merciful Saviour
In Christ Alone

Recessional
The Ode to Joy- Beethoven (cello)

Music for the reception on piano
Who Has Touched the Sky?
Two songs by George Winston
Amazing Grace
Holy, Holy, Holy
Autumn Leaves
and a number of others

That is just an idea of what I got to play. I really do love playing and love to be able to play for my friends. If I was in a bigger locale, I'd try to play for weddings and stuff a lot more regularly. I might even charge for the services. I could be rich... probably not, but its a nice thought.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging Baby Caption Contest winner
Papa, Do You Love Me? by Barbara Joosse - as well as some spiffy BB duckies. Congratulations, Roger! Reader Comments Be the first person to comment on this entry.
I'm going to bookmark your blog, I really like it.

I have a vacations and travel site/blog. It pretty much about vacations and travel and related issues.

If you get time, come and check it out.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Two random posts for one entry. I didn't know people actually surfed for blogs, very interesting. I've read a few by people I don't know but end up there via anticiapted means, I guess.

Didn't know Casper was such a "metro!" I'll have to give it a little epodunk.com lookup.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a cello music by jay chou
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is cello music by jay chou

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home