Monday, June 06, 2005

Cello Sold

Thats right folks. I sold one of my babies. I sold the cello I bought in Junior high. It was my primary cello for many years. I took it all over the place and it had the love marks to prove it. It was a great instrument though and it played very well. I sold the cello to the student to whom I give lessons. She just graduated from high school and needs something she can haul off to college with her. Up to this point she had been renting instruments which can get fairly expensive after several years. After college and medical school, she'll probably want to step up to a better instrument, but the one she bought from me will be a good one for her for the time being. She played it for several weeks befor buying and seems to like it.

I have three other cellos still. The one I play primarily is one I bought on Ebay a few years back. I payed around $150 for it. It looks great, and with the new stigns I bought for it, it sounds great too. The other two I have are lower quality instruments that would make great student cellos.

It was a busy week with the ambulance company last week. I ended the week with a bunch of overtime. I don't mind the extra money. This week seems to be off to a busy start, too. Here we go again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, nice to see you got your beast of a car back on the road buddy. I still say it's pink though. ;0)

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a midi file handel cello concerto in c major
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is midi file handel cello concerto in c major

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home