Thursday, June 30, 2005

Camp Health Care Technician

That is my job title when I work out at Maranatha Bible Camp on my days off from Midwest Medical Transport. This is my fourth summer working out at MBC. My first summer, I played bass on the worship team and ran the archery range. The second summer, I worked mostly in the Information Center. Last summer I worked full-time as a health care teach. This summer I am volunteering as a Health Care Tech once more. I love it. It is a lot of basic first aid and the cleaning up of body fluids, but our main responsibilities are dispensing camper medication and the preaching of safety and the importance of taking care our yourself in the hot summer sun.

It has been a relatively safe summer out at camp. Only one call for the ambulance so far.

Monday, the Fourth of July, is the big Independance day celebration and Adventure Triathalon out there. I have the day off from Midwest and will probably spend most of the day out at the camp.

If you are the praying type, please pray for health and safety out at camp.

Happy Almost-Canda-Day to all the Canadians that read this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a cello fingering chart
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is cello fingering chart

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home