Sunday, March 23, 2008

Home?

The longer I live, the harder it is to feel at home on this earth. Its something I've been thinking about lately. When people ask me where home is, I usually tell them North Platte, Nebraska (the town where I currently live), but when I told people I was going home for Thanksgiving, I was actaully going to Wyoming (where I grew up). When I am working in Lexington, and I tell people we're headed back home, I mean we're heading back to the station in Lexington.

The thing is, none of these places really feel like home to me anymore. I call them home because they are where I live or have lived. But none of them have been places I have stayed or want to stay forever.

I am looking forward most to my home with Jesus Christ. Don't worry, I am not suicidal or anything. I am just beginning to realize that maybe the reason that I don't feel at home anywhere here on earth is that God wants me to think a little bit more about my final destination, eternity with Him in a much better place.

Today is Easter. Its the day that I as a Christian celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. After his resurrection, Jesus appeared to many people before returning to heaven. He told his disciples and followers that he was going to prepare a place a for them. He promised to come back at take them there. I am looking forward to that.
Wanna talk about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home