Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hometown Six

My friend Michelle runs a blog called Mikao's World at www.mikao.blogspot.com and she came up with a challenge to her readers to post pictures from their hometown.

As a procrastinator, I just got January's challenge completed. The challenge was for pictures with your town's name. Since I spend a lot of time on the road, I incorperated pictures from the road.

This is the view from Highway 83 at the turnoff to Maywood. I travel Highway 83 to McCook twice a week for Paramedic class.

The town of Wellfleet is the only town you drive through going between North Platte and McCook. The town is so small that they didn't even lower the speed limit going through.

The Radar tower. I call it the "Big Golf Ball."

The longest 22 miles ever are between Wellfleet and North Platte at 11:00 at night.

Entering North Platte you see the sign with Buffalo Bill Cody and a big train locomotive. North Platte is famous because Buffalo Bill lived here and the Union Pacific RailRoad's Bailey Yard here is the world's large reclassification yard in the entire world.

The North Platte Berean Church is my home church. www.npberean.org is my church's homepage if you want to visit. I play bass there at the 9:30 service every sunday morning and can be found there often on my days off practicing music or just tormenting the church staff who I used to work on a far more regular basis while I was the worship intern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home