Friday, May 19, 2006

Vampires, Leeches, and other Blood Lovers

As part of the requirements for the Paramedic class, I have to complete 15 hours of community service. Today I spent 7 hours volunteering at the American Red Cross blood drive at the hospital. It was actually fun. I just helped people get signed-in, get their snacks, and stuff like that. Next week, I'll be doing more time hopefully.

I took the Paramedic class final on Wednesday night. It was a tough one. I hope I did well. I should get the results emailed to me in a few days or so.

But back to Blood Donation... Its a great thing to do. If you have an hour in your week that isn't full of stuff already, you should go to your local center and give some. Your body produces lots of blood, and they don't take too much anyway. They take enough to give to someone who needs it. One day you might need it too. Ya never know.

I just started reading "To Own a Dragon" by Donald Miller. Great book thus far. I am a big fan of his writing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah gives blood when they let her, but her anemia has prevented it now for years.

I get woozy when they take drops of blood for tests though. So the idea of them taking bags out isn't real pleasant!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home