Thursday, June 01, 2006

Course Completion Card

I have officially completed the Paramedic class.
Today I turned in my packet of preceptor sheets for all my field, clinical, and community service hours required. Now I am approved to take the Registry officially as well.
I had to drive to McCook this morning to turn everything in. I am sitting in the college library at the computers for probably the last time ever.

Now I will actually have some days off, instead of spending every spare moment of my life at the hospital or somewhere else. What will I do with myself?

1) Play more with the jazz trio. We are playing Friday night for two hours at the opening of the new Viero Wireless store in North Platte.
2) Volunteer out at Maranatha Bible Camp as a healthcare tech
3) Sleep-in every once in awhile
4) Practice with "Surf Alternative" more so we can play more
5) Finish the books I've started reading but haven't been able to complete
6) Maybe take on a few more private music lesson students

Don't worry, I've got plenty of ways to occupy my time.

Some people mention on their blogs what music they are listening to. I am in a library so I am not currently spinning anything, but I did buy a new CD that I would recommend to anyone and everyone. "Downhere" has a brand new one out called "Wide-Eyed and Mystified" that you oughta go out and listen to. I knew some of the guys from the band when I was in college. We took some music classes together and stuff. Anyhow, the music is great and there are some great songs on it. My favorite song is "The More." It speaks to the faithfulness of God to never let us walk alone, and how God becomes more to us the more we get to know him and how that process really does take a lifetime, from our childhood and child-like faith to our golden years when we realize God has been guiding us all along.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're going to a friend's EP release party Saturday. I really like her work, although it's a new genre for me to really be appreciating (folk for the most part, though she calls her new EP Americana).

You can check out her new albums at http://cdbaby.com/cd/tracirae2.

Have fun with all of that time off! I found when my second part-time job (besides M-DAT) ran out of work, I actually became busier — volunteering at church and keeping the house clean and so forth.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

my favourites off this cd are "a better way" and "unbelievable." i am enjoying this cd a lot more than i liked their last one.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home